Updated as of February 16, 2017
TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED
The following are the types of information we may collect:
1. Information You Provide Us – In the course of using the Web Properties, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including contact information, such as your email address, unique identifiers, such as your user ID, or user password, demographic information, such as your date of birth or age or postal code.
2. Website Usage Information – We may receive and store certain types of internet usage information whenever you visit the Web Properties, such as your click-stream data and your IP address. See “IP Addresses and Click Stream Data” section below.
3. Email Communications – When you open emails from us, we may receive a confirmation notifying us that you opened the email, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also may keep track of what emails we send you and what emails you may be receiving from our subsidiaries and affiliates. Additionally, we keep a record of what communications you have opted to receive or not to receive.
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Website or the App, including but not limited to those described below:
1. Registration – You may be asked to complete an online registration form and provide personally identifiable information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features the Website may choose to offer. Your decision to register is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to us.
3. Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technology – The Website may use a variety of technical methods for tracking purposes, including Web beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of web sites. We also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns on the Website, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Website. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf. We also use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that we send our guests to determine whether our guests have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is personally identifiable.
4. IP Addresses and Click-Stream Data – We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data. An IP address is a number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider), your company, or your university. Standing alone, your IP address is not personally identifiable. At times, we also use IP addresses for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information, for example regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of the Website. We may combine this information with personally identifiable information we obtain from you directly on the Website or the App. Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request pages from the Website. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analyzed, this data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the Website, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like.
5. Surveys / Questionnaires / Contests – We may request information from users on the Website or the App via surveys, questionnaires or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary. You are not required to participate or disclose any information for a survey or contest. In cases where we use a third party to conduct these surveys and contests, the third party may not use your personally identifiable information for any secondary purpose.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We own the information collected on or through the Web Properties. As applicable, the information you provide to us may be used to: contact you about the Website or the App; contact you relating to your registration status; monitor or improve the use of the Website or the App; customize the content you see; and monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the Web Property.
Your information will not be used for third party marketing or commercial purposes other than as set forth herein.
WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
At times, we may share your personal information with our agents, or other entities or individuals that perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending e-mail, analysis of the Web Property, and analyzing data. These agents may have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, but may not use or disclose it for other purposes, like sending you marketing offers about their products.
COMMENTS, CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND/OR MESSAGE BOARDS
The Web Properties may make comment forms and/or message boards available to you and other users. You are not required to provide any personal information when using these areas but you may choose to do so. If you post personal information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a comment form, chat room, forum, or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas.
Note, at such time as the Web Property makes comments forms or message boards available, it will require registration, and the Web Property will provide a description of the registration process.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Web Properties incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect and we have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Your personally identifiable information is transferred to our computers utilizing encryption software. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required.
The Website is a general audience website. On the Website and in the App, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.